1. What was your first brew?
My first brew was a Kolsch in my mums garage in France. I had a 20L all grain set up from Brouwland.com and it tasted great but nothing like a Kolsch.
2. How did you get this job?
I have been working 3 years for The Little Brewing Company up in Port Macquarie and I was looking for a new challenge. Flat Rock’s brewer at the time, Topher Boehm, was looking for someone to replace him. He contacted me and the timing was perfect!
3. What’s your favourite beer that you have brewed?
My favourite beer that I have brewed is a Baby IPA, low in alcohol but strong in character! It is only 5.6% but got the hopping regime of a Double IPA. The Beer has my sons Genetics with Australian, French & German Hops (Galaxy, Triskel, Hallertau Blanc), and has been brewed the day before his birth. We have released it for his first month birthday and it is called “Flynns IPA”.
4. What’s your favourite beer brewed by others?
St Feuillant Tripel. Complex, Rich but still refreshing.
5. Which beer would you like to brew?
Any type of Biere de Garde. We don’t find them easely in this part of the world, but they suit the Australian climate so well!
6. What name would you really like to give to a beer, and what type of beer would it be?
18th anniversary of Flynns IPA!
7. What’s your favourite beer style?
My preference in style is slowly evolving and changes every season. Right now it would be Scotch Ales.
8. What’s your favourite hop variety?
Hallertau Blanc. It showcases amazing flavours with a bold bitternes.
9. What’s your favourite malt variety?
Special B because it is so versatile and can bring so many different tones to a beer.
10. Which do you prefer – draught, bottle or cans?
Draught with a good pâté on a baguette.
Technical Details of Brewery plant
200L Braumeister with just a few tanks and 7 exciting oak barrels.
Copyright © 2019 | MH Magazine WordPress Theme by MH Themes