As it comes to the end of the year, it’s all the rage to do lists and choose your top 10 of everything – including beer.
So, we thought we’d join in with the spirit of the season.
Here is our Top 10 Australian Craft Beers around at the moment:
- Bacchus Brewing Co Lamington Dark Ale (4.4%)
- Batch Brewing Co Elsie Milk Stout (4.9%)
- Croft Brewing Co Saison Grenade (4.3%)
- Holgate Brewhouse Temptress (6.0%)
- Moon Dog Brewing Co Iron Lung IV (9.1%)
- Red Tape Brewing Co Wood Duck Cream Ale (5.2%)
- Riverside Brewing Co 777 Imperial IPA (9.2%)
- Sunshine Coast Brewery Kolsch (5.0%)
- Temple Brewery Scarlet Sour (4.0%)
- Young Henry’s Real Ale (4.0%)
A couple of points:
– These were all first sampled on draught at the brewery so were at their best.
– At least one has to be tried on a handpump to get the full taste of the beer – Young Henrys Real Ale.
– And Holgate Brewhouse Temptress is far far better on a handpump than on a traditional tap.
As always we recommend you try these first at the brewery, then on draught then from a bottle.
So thanks from us to Bacchus Brewing Co, Batch Brewing, Croft Brewing Company, Holgate Brewhouse, Moon Dog Brewing, Red Tape Brewing, Riverside Brewing, Sunshine Coast Brewery, Temple Brewery, and Young Henrys.