1. What was your first brew?
A Coopers Pale Ale extract kit, fermented next to my toilet in the shoebox sized flat I was living in at the time. Tasted awful but the sight of seeing bubble’s escape the airlock for the first time was amazing!
2. How did you get this job?
Merchant Brewing Company is my first brewing position. It’s a new business venture formed by myself and two best mates who have the same passion for beer as me.
3. What’s your favourite beer that you have brewed?
We currently have 2 beers released and my favourite of the two is Smooth Sailor Coconut Vanilla Porter. Will be dropping some more exciting stuff throughout the course of the year.
4. What’s your favourite beer brewed by others?
So many great beers out there. Off the top of my head:
Some local Sydney region beers:
5. Which beer would you like to brew?
I love Belgian beers. Every beer we create, I am always telling the guys how cool it would be if we add a Belgian influence. It’s only a matter of time!
6. What name would you really like to give to a beer, and what type of beer would it be?
There is something really enjoyable about calling a beer a weird, fun name. We have some amusing names for some beers we plan to release later on in the year. Hope you like them!
7. What’s your favourite beer style?
8. What’s your favourite hop variety?
I love the Australian/NZ hop varieties. Vic Secret is a favourite at the moment.
9. What’s your favourite malt variety?
Love Maris Otter as a base malt. I have different favourites depending on the beer style.
10. Which do you prefer – draught, bottle or cans?
Depends on the occasion/location.
Technical Details of Brewery plant
Gypsy brewer using Hopdog Beerworks in Nowra at the moment.
Copyright © 2017 | MH Magazine WordPress Theme by MH Themes