1. What was your first brew?
Skunkworks. A Cognac barrel-aged double IPA.
2. How did you get this job?
Started Moon Dog in 2011 with my brother Jake and mate Karl.
3. What’s your favourite beer that you have brewed?
Henry Ford’s Girthsome Fjord. A Bulgo-American India Brown Ale.
4. What’s your favourite beer brewed by others?
Too many to pick just one!
5. Which beer would you like to brew?
I’d love to make some more wild fermented beers.
6. What name would you really like to give to a beer, and what type of beer would it be?
We always wanted to make a “Jumping the Shark” beer, for something really outrageous! We did that last year with our 15.4% barrel-aged stout with black truffles. This year we did Jumping the Shark 2014, which is a Hungarian oak-aged imperial red ale with saffron. Really fun beers!
7. What’s your favourite beer style?
Different styles for different moods. But I really love lagers with new-world hops like our Love Tap double lager.
8. What’s your favourite hop variety?
I’m pretty fond of Amarillo with its big, dank, stone fruit character. Motueka is also lovely.
9. What’s your favourite malt variety?
Fawcett’s Maris Otter as a base malt is a ripper. There’s plenty of great malts out there, it’s hard to pick one.
10. Which do you prefer – draught, bottle or cans?
They are all great, but it’s hard to go past fresh draught beer.
Technical Details of Brewery plant
13hL four vessel plant – made by us out of old dairy tanks.
We ferment in 25hL unitanks.
Copyright © 2022 | MH Magazine WordPress Theme by MH Themes