What was your first brew?
The one and only Young Henrys Real Ale.
2. How did you get this job?
I hassled two of the founders, Ben and Oscar, until they let me pour beers and volunteer in the cellar. Then I cleaned a buttload of kegs and they let me stick around.
3. What’s your favourite beer that you have brewed?
My friend and I made a pretty sexy Belgian Blonde a few weeks ago on our custom made kit.
4. What’s your favourite beer brewed by others?
I froth on Renaissance Brewing Craftsman Chocolate Oatmeal Stout. I also love the Creme Brulee Stout by Southern Tier. Can’t go past a Stone & Wood Pacific Ale either.
5. Which beer would you like to brew?
Can you tell I like sweet stouts? I want my first speciality at Young Henrys to be a Red Velvet Stout …… YUM
6. What name would you really like to give to a beer, and what type of beer would it be?
I don’t think witty names are my forte. We just did a Flanders Red and called it Stupid Sexy Flanders – epic Simpsons reference.
7. What’s your favourite beer style?
I think I already answered this one …. I also love a Porter, anything imperial, anything dark, strong and robust really.
8. What’s your favourite hop variety?
I’m really into Saaz right now. I like Fuggles too. I like a hop to be favoured for flavour and aroma rather than bitterness.
9. What’s your favourite malt variety?
I like Carahell, so sweet and roasty. I love some acidulated malt too. Oh yeah – I also love sours! And Lambics.
10. Which do you prefer – draught, bottle or cans?
Nothing beats a beer of the tap. I do love cans too. Less environmental impact and less chance of the beer being light struck.
Technical Details of Brewery plant
It’s a 25hl IDD HEBS Mash Filter system
Copyright © 2021 | MH Magazine WordPress Theme by MH Themes